Professor of philosophy, cinematographer and man of letters, Antonio Montaña has now written Aguas bravías, an extraordinary novel that, without being historical or biographical, is inspired by the life of Juan Bernardo Elbers, the passionate shipowner of German origin, who supported Bolívar in his libertarian feat, transporting weapons on his ships without a flag, and established steam navigation on the Magdalena River.
Supported by careful historical verification, Antonio Montaña illustrates with fine style the Colombian world at the beginning of the 19th century, exploring forgotten areas and disappeared landscapes, as well as the country's peculiar way of being. It is a romantic novel, where the characters commit their lives to their ideals, a work full of adventure, politics and love. It is a captivating read, because although all the characters are real, the work travels along the paths of fiction. The great love story that she describes, for example, is not exactly that of Juan Bernardo Elbers, the inspiration for the book, but that of the protagonist who embodies him and partially reflects him.
Aguas bravías reconstructs the exciting story of the dream cherished by two great characters: Bolívar, excited about the potential of Gran Colombia, and Elbers, believer in the benefits of progress to advance the New World. It also tells us what happens when the path of dreams is crossed by the vicissitudes of politics and its fierce baseness.
This novel also represents a warm tribute by the author to a character of extraordinary importance at a key moment in Colombian history.
- 1 kg
- 448 pages
- 14 x 21 cm.
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Antonio Montaña