This is the new condensed edition that Villegas Editores offers of the monumental work Arquitectura de la colonización antioqueña by Néstor Tobón Botero, initially published in the 1980s.
Without losing its freshness, and preserving its reason and meaning intact, this version summarizes the content of the five volumes that make up the original work, as well as the images and illustrations that accompany the presentation of the 40 chosen towns, described and analyzed by the author by virtue of its importance in representative works.
Thanks to the publication of the original work, there are many buildings that have been saved from the devastating sting of progress, as they are considered a fundamental part of the national heritage.
It is a wonderful journey through the populations of that immemorial territory of Greater Antioquia, today also the seat of Caldas, Quindío and Risaralda, whose expansion reached the north of the Valley and Tolima, revealing to us, throughout its itinerary, the concept of life, family and work of its strong inhabitants.s.
This architecture, without a doubt the most authentic in the country, takes advantage of the elements that the environment and the climate put at its disposal, while projecting to the maximum the artisanal imagination that delights with wood, clay and color.
The double floors, the paved patios, the exterior railings, the wooden fretwork and the profuse presence of flowers, are some of the inevitable features of these constructions, many of them built on hillside land.
We trust that this edition will be a stimulus for new readers to approach an episode of our national history that, through its ways of living, reveals unknown facets of our future.
- 2.5 kg
- 334 pages
- 22.9 x 28 cm
Awarded in the twentieth edition of the International Latino Book Awards, 2018. — Best Travel Book
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Nestor Tobon Botero
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas Jiménez
- Prologue: Carlos García Tobón
- Photography: Olga Lucía Jordán, Diego Samper, Néstor Tobón Botero, Jorge Eduardo Arango
- Art Department: Enrique Coronado, Joselyn Gómez, Jorge Enrique Hurtado
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum