This book reproduces all the existing works of Fernando Botero in the National Museum of Colombia and the donation of his paintings on violence . "
"I am not going to do business with the pain of Colombia," declared Fernando Botero when announcing his decision not to put up for sale any of the paintings that he has painted on the subject of terror and violence in the country in recent years, motivated for "the moral obligation to leave a testimony about an irrational moment in our history," as he confesses. Consequently, the artist decided to donate the collection of these paintings "twenty-three" oil paintings and twenty-five drawings, most of them unpublished "to the National Museum of Colombia in Bogotá, an institution that from very early in the painter's career has been a frequent object of his generosity. .
With texts by Beatriz González and Santiago Londoño Vélez, this catalog "which has an independent version in English, distributed worldwide by Rizzoli International of New York", reproduces in color all the donations and other paintings by Fernando Botero in the National Museum of Colombia, a privileged place where the impressive ensemble, of almost 70 works, can be appreciated in the conducive environment to understand its evolution. As the Italian critic Vittorio Sgardi said, cited by Beatriz González in his text, the National Museum of Colombia is "the best way to understand Botero."
- 1 kg
- 102 pages
- 24 x 30 cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas Jiménez, María Villegas
- Prologue: Elvira Cuervo de Jaramillo
- Texts: Beatriz González, Santiago Londoño Vélez
- Photography: J. Hyde, National Museum Archive of Colombia, Villegas Editores Archive
- Art Department: Enrique Coronado
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Ministry of Culture of Colombia, National Museum of Colombia