"When I think of reality, I think of a painted reality," confesses Fernando Botero, the great contemporary Colombian painter.
This book, published in 1997, corroborates this conclusively. The paintings and drawings illustrated here, "many of them never before published," constitute a wonderful chronicle of the artist's creative life in recent years. Perpetuating the mastery of his style, the figures of this period appear touched by a touch of extravagance that extremes their humor and irony. The selection, combination and sequence of appearance of the works were determined by the artist himself, who put into this task the same affection and care that he places in his works.
The volume opens with an extensive interview by Ana María Escallón with the painter, in which he speaks without reservation about his life, his aesthetics, his training, his way of understanding and seeing art, in what can be called a balance of his life trajectory. It closes with an extensive list of his individual exhibitions and a bibliographical selection of his work.
- 2 kg
- 240 pages
- 25.5 x 31cm
Design Project Magazine Award. Colombia,1998. — Honorable mention, editorial category
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Interview by Ana María Escallón
- Various European photographers
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Banco Santander