This second play by Enrique Vargas Ramírez is about the death of Federico García Lorca, which comes true on stage as a premonition of the poet in his captivity, on the day of his arrest in Granada. In three acts, the work covers his asylum in the paternal home of his friend, the poet Luis Rosales; the remembrance of a dinner, hosted by Pablo Neruda, in which the horrendous political situation in Spain is described; the visit that the Colombian writer Jorge Zalamea Borda, his great friend, makes to the poet, during which they talk about politics and dramatic art; and the tremendous arrest scene that closes the second act. The act takes place in two actions separated in space and time: the first, the trial of the poet, carried out by three officers of the military insurrection; the second, the burial, which takes place amid moving expressions of the gravediggers. The two actions develop the counterpoint in which the poet's subconscious is debated. The piece, enriched with quotes from Lorca's poetic work, as well as endearing verses by Anglo-Saxon poets, concludes with the poet's masterful elegy on the death of Ignacio Sánchez Mejías.
- 168 pages
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Enrique Vargas Ramírez