Although the war confrontation between Colombia and Peru over a border problem lasted for almost two years, from September 1932 to May 1934, its occurrence has almost become a barely mentioned episode—indeed, almost forgotten—of our history. history. There have been few works on various aspects, their development and consequences. Hence the interest that this book arouses. The problem, as shown in this pleasant text, was not simple. However, the successful strategies developed by the country on national and international fronts allow it to increase its military power in the Putumayo River, a limit agreed upon by both countries ten years before the conflict, and to successfully overcome the economic situation. In addition to analyzing the correct financial management of the country, where the coincident global economic crisis had consequences as serious as the fall in the external price of coffee, it recounts this territorial dispute since the time of independence, as well as the development of rubber, exploitation par excellence of the region.
This book is a solid historical document that will stimulate analysis and research on such an overlooked event in our future as a nation.
- 0.5 kg
- 160 pages
- 14 x 21 cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Authors: Juan Camilo Restrepo and Luis Ignacio Bentancur