Gabriel García Márquez reads the history of Colombia and maps its past, from the years of conquest to the tumultuous formation of our current identity, revealing in it the keys to our future.
If at the end of this book Gabriel García Márquez evokes the end of the geology of Macondo, he does so to prolong from there, elliptically, if you will, in the figurative language of metaphors, the breadth of an idea in which the invocation is encrypted. of the “second chance on earth that the unfortunate lineage of Colonel Aureliano Buendía did not have.” With this, we face the challenge of building, with the tools of knowledge and wisdom, new possibilities to restart a more harmonious and, above all, happier way of life.
García Márquez suggests a direction in the context in which our lives develop; composes a true navigation chart for the future of Colombia in which it invokes the power derived from the cultivation of the spirit and the intelligence resulting from education. In doing so it affirms the formidable human potential present in our society.
Written with the extraordinary drive of his creative imagination, but also the categorical demands imposed by historical truth, this text of historical truth conceived to preface the studies of the so-called commission of wise men and titled by its author “For a country within reach of the children". It is clear, however, that the work has surpassed its original limits and today may well be part of the most lucid and beautiful pages of his literary production.
In this text García Márquez has achieved the miracle of giving unity and coherence to what is by nature diverse and heterogeneous. His prose has crossed the space between the descriptive and the poetic so that there the idea—perhaps the Platonic idea—expresses and represents some values and tendencies, some ways of being, of existing and living together that, at the same time that they define and explain us, They redeem us—that is the right word—from the poor and deteriorated image with which the name of Colombia is so often disseminated.
The images that illustrate each paragraph enrich the interest aroused by the work. They are the possible reflection - one among many - that gives a glimpse of the context to which the writing alludes, allowing the reader to carry out a slow and reflective reading - as if it were a book of hours - that leads to the discovery of the masterpiece. that this text implies.
- nineteen ninety six
- 147 pages
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Gabriel García Márquez
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas