Pope Francis' visit to the country in 2017 was an unforgettable moment for all Colombians. It was the third time that a pontiff set foot on Colombian soil in its entire history.
The first, 49 years ago, had been that of Paul VI when he came to close the 39th International Eucharistic Congress. Then, in 1986, John Paul II, with his message of hope, accompanied us at a time when we were barely recovering from the painful tragedy of Armero.
Pope Francis came to confirm us in the faith. With the motto: "Let's take the first step, to start something new with Christ for the good of Colombians," he encouraged everyone who saw him.
This meeting illuminated, from the Gospel, the different sociocultural, political, economic and ecclesial circumstances of the country. The pontiff spoke of peace, forgiveness and reconciliation among men, but also of the need to reconcile with the environment, and the fundamental role of young people in the construction of a new Colombia.
These pages collect the traces of the papal visit, captured in his words, celebrations and activities in Bogotá, Villavicencio, Medellín and Cartagena, which were echoed throughout the national geography.
“We cannot let the cares of every day erase this saving moment for Colombia and forget the challenges it left us.”
At Villegas Editores we did not want this very important event to remain unpublished and have made a great effort to publish this book. This edition is both a tribute and a token of gratitude to Francisco, as the faithful affectionately call him, for his affection, kindness, testimony of faith and messages that he managed to engrave in the hearts of Colombians.
- 2.5 kg
- 276 pages
- 28 x 28 cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Texts: Pope Francisco, Juan Manuel Santos Calderón
- Institutional Coordination: Juan Mesa Zuleta
- Collaboration: Juan David Giraldo
- Photography: Servizio Fotografico Vaticano, Presidency of the Republic, Vice Presidency of the Republic
- Art: Joselyn Gómez, Enrique Coronado