This book presents the Church of San Ignacio in Bogotá, Colombia. One of the treasures of the Society of Jesus in the country.
It is part of the series, edited by the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana and Villegas Editores, which has captured the cultural heritage of the Society of Jesus in Bogotá.
This volume illustrates its architecture, its construction process and its restorations, from a graphic and documentary point of view.
Its photographs and texts offer an informed and broad vision of the physical and historical context that surrounds this magnificent example of colonial urbanism in Bogotá.
These are the chapters of the book:
- The Jesuit Apple , by Jorge Humberto Peláez Piedrahita, SJ, Rector of the Pontifical Javeriana University.
- Juan Bautista Coluccini, the architect of San Ignacio , by Tulio Aristizábal, SJ
- The temple of San Ignacio from 1610 to the 21st century. What was planned, what was built, what was expropriated, what was transformed and what was recovered , by Gloria Mercedes Zuloaga.
The curatorship and the texts are by the architect, master in restoration of architectural monuments, Gloria Mercedes Zuloaga ; and the photographs of visual designer and photographer Andrés Mauricio López .
The presentation is by Jorge Humberto Peláez Piedrahita, SJ , Rector of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana; and Tulio Aristizabal, SJ , PhD in Architecture and member of the Colombian Academy of History, tells the story of Juan Bautista Coluccini, the architect of San Ignacio.
Other volumes about the Church of San Ignacio in Bogotá
This collection is preceded by the book Santiago Páramo and the chapel of San José - Iglesia de San Ignacio Bogotá (2013) . About the chapel of San José, heart of the Church and the most harmonious religious artistic ensemble and best preserved in Colombia, and the author of its painting and ornamentation was the Jesuit Santiago Páramo.
The other three volumes on the wealth of the Church of San Ignacio in Bogotá are:
- Second Church of San Ignacio Bogotá - Volume II: Altarpieces, chapels and altars (2019) . It presents the thirteen altars, altarpieces and chapels, distributed in that great baroque hall, perhaps the most important and best preserved in the country.
- Third _ Church of San Ignacio Bogotá - Volume III: Colonial painting (2021) . Colonial easel painting , with works that came to New Granada, the result of the global circulation of art, or produced in Santa Fe by artists of the stature of Gregorio Vásquez or Baltasar de Figueroa and their workshops, among others.
- Fourth Church of San Ignacio Bogotá - Volume IV: Goldsmithing, Ornaments and Reliquaries (2022) . The goldsmithing, the ecclesiastical clothing, the objects of worship, together with the greatest expressions of Colonial Art in New Granada.
The book Iglesia de San Ignacio Bogotá - Volume I (2018) is the first door that opens, after its restoration, to the Church of San Ignacio, and to that extent the beginning of a visual and knowledge adventure that develops in the four books in the collection.
- 1.5 kg
- 128 pages
- 25.4 x 30.5 cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas Jiménez, Juan David Giraldo
- Foreword: Jorge Humberto Peláez Piedrahita, SJ
- Texts: Tulio Aristizábal, SJ and Gloria Mercedes Zuloaga
- Photography: Andrés Mauricio López, Ángela Inés Villa and Fredy Sánchez
- Art Department: Enrique Coronado and Joselyn Gómez
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum