“The poem is the deepest wound;
It is the emotion fighting against oblivion.
It is the vital blow, the brave
endearing thief of our life.”
“Writing poetry is scratching life. It is opening the window to the whole world; light up the morning and discover the direction of a soul without borders; find amazement in those who read us; lovingly touch his open heart, his eyes alight, his dreams unbridled. It is growing together as the day grows as it exists.
Each word weighs as the world weighs us, but at the same time it is light like the air that breathes the precise memory. To love poetry is to feel the universe.” Beatriz Ordóñez Mallarino
Whoever reads these poems, almost all of them classic sonnets, feels addressed, as if each one were written to refresh our lives, to involve us. It is a call, a precise voice, a “to you, who are here.”
They are read one or a thousand times with the same voracity and with the surprise that what is known gives us, when it is expressed from the heart, with the ingenuity and rhythmic cadence that reminds us of the coming and going of a lullaby.
Sublime, this poetry transports us to a deeper world; and this book is our passport.
The feelings, the rigor, the loves spring from these pages to talk to us about old emotions in a deep, special, loving, intricate way; of a new understanding of what, although we already know, moves us.
Beatriz Ordóñez Mallarino has a way of saying things that makes them feel like her own.
Old is not
Old is not the one who is many years old,
nor the one who drags his feet and goes without haste,
Not even someone full of wrinkles moves us.
Old is he who loses his smile.
- 152 pages
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Beatriz Ordóñez Mallarino
- Prologue: Angel Marcel (Pompilio Iriarte)