Colombia is honored with the historical glory of our National Army.
Thanks to their heroic work, Colombians celebrate the bicentennial of our Independence and the full birth of our republican identity as a Nation. Women and men who penetrate jungles, gain trails, deactivate mines and build roads. Human beings who, at this very moment, in and out of combat, travel inch by inch through the convoluted nature of Colombian territory, carrying out a task that is decisive for the functioning of the country.
Soldiers National Army of Colombia 200 years is a tribute to all of them – the noble and brave soldiers of our National Army – who have honored us by putting their soul, their life and their time, the most precious assets of every individual, at the disposal of our society. To them who, far from their families, their places of origin and their loved ones, sacrifice themselves with integrity in the constitutional service of our Nation.
With a human and respectful gaze, the Colombian photographer Mauricio Vélez has followed for several years this institution of Colombians that represent the eight weapons that, as insignia, they carry in their hearts: Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, Military Engineers, Communications, Military Intelligence, Logistics and Army Aviation.
Through these images, Vélez tries to communicate the realities that exist behind the feat of protecting the constitutional rights of each of us. They give us a real portrait, sometimes raw, sometimes sweet, sometimes exciting, sometimes tough, but always aesthetic and forcefully refreshing, of the perspective we have of this institution.
This book is not only a conglomerate of documentary-style images and artistic power, it is also a democratic act in which many hitherto unknown aspects of the institution are made available to the general public.
The book is prefaced by President Iván Duque Márquez.
- 2019 Spanish
- 2.5 kg
- 368 pages
- 10" x 14"
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Mauricio Vélez
- Prologue: Ivan Duque Márquez