Also available in Spanish with the title: The World of Art in San Agustín
The set of stone monoliths of San Agustín, in the department of Huila—endorsed by UNESCO as one of the wonders of the world, worth preserving and visiting—is undoubtedly the most important archaeological jewel of our country.
Villegas Editores, who more than 10 years ago began taking photographs of all his figures, full-length and in detail, made this collection available to Efraín Sánchez, the author of the book. And just as Agustín Codazzi began to do 150 years ago, Sánchez set himself the task of unraveling the language of art before trying to understand the thought or intention of the sculptors in each of the works.
From this approach arose the interesting findings that this book reveals in its 240 pages. It is worth mentioning the phallic profiles of many statues; the fact that almost all the figures are seated and not standing as previously thought; and that rather than dealing with religious themes, wars, myths or sacrifices, what is evident are works of art produced in a cultured town where the presence of the artist is definitive.
In short, the result is a renewed and fascinating Augustinian world, more surprising than what had been known until now, which will be a delight for those interested in art in general and in the manifestations of the pre-Hispanic world in particular.
- 2 Kgs
- 240 pages
- 22.9 x 28 cm
Second place - Latino Book Awards 2012 - BookExpo America, USA — Best Reference Book in English
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Efrain Sánchez
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas,
- Texts: Juan David Giraldo
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum
- Photography: César David Martínez, Jeremy Horner, Óscar Monsalve, Eduardo Bonello, Juan Camilo Segura,
- Art: Efraín Sánchez, Ernesto Monsalve, Ian Flórez, Andrea Vélez, Enrique Coronado, Patricia Martínez Linares
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Grupo Endesa