It is evident that Amerigo Vespucci, the famous Florentine navigator, had at his disposal knowledge that no one had previously been able to possess. Knowledge that allowed him to affirm that the new lands, discovered by the genius of Christopher Columbus, were not Asia, as he had believed, but an entirely unknown world. That was the great news that Vespucci delivered to the world, the basis of his glory and the reason why an entire new continent would be named, exactly five hundred years ago, in his honor: America. Intrigued by such a fascinating character, the great Colombian historian and Americanist Germán Arciniegas set out to study his life and times.
This book, a synthesis of its results, offers us a new human profile of Vespucci, which is far from the image transmitted by his detractors and from the one created by his panegyrists, while shedding light on the time in which he lived and the reasons for its real ignorance by many traditional historians. This volume complements the title by the same author When America Completed the Earth, published by Villegas Editores last year, within the "History" series, in small format.
This book has independent versions in Spanish and English.
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.