Also available in Spanish under the title:Ana Mercedes Hoyos - Palenque Culture
This book collects very special moments in the work of Ana Mercedes Hoyos, the Colombian painter who occupies a very prominent place in current Latin American art.A tour of its pages allows one to appreciate the admirable reinterpretation of still lifes and still lifes that the artist has made with enormous creativity, starting with the colorful plates of fresh fruit that the black vendors of Palenque offer to tourists on the beaches of Cartagena, as well as other aspects of his delightful pictorial incursion through one of the most interesting cultures of Colombia.The characters of San Basilio de Palenque, their uses, their hobbies, their customs, have taken Ana Mercedes Hoyos' canvases in a siege that she assumes from an "intellectual as well as affective point of view. Because the work of Ana Mercedes Hoyos"
As the author of the text that accompanies this book, the art critic Eduardo Serrano, points out, Ana Mercedes Hoyos's painting combines cultural and social reasoning with a voluptuous and penetrating gaze and great technical mastery. Nominally, the first paintings of his last stages could be described as still lifes, since they are usually containers with splendid tropical fruits.But, unlike traditional still lifes, his paintings not only reveal the mediation of photography and are outdoors, but also constitute a document about the life, values and aesthetic predilections of an ethnic group that has made invaluable contributions to the national culture that has only sporadically (Wiedemann) received the attention of artists.
- 1.5 kg
- 56 pages
- 25.4 x 35.6 cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas Jiménez
- Texts: Eduardo Serrano
- Photographs: Óscar Monsalve
- Collaborators: Juan Carlos Fernández
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Bank of America