In extraordinary and colorful images, this volume records the artistic evolution of Ana Mercedes Hoyos, the Colombian painter who occupies a privileged place in current Latin American art. After the initial windows , in which the Bogotá landscape appears and allows us to associate, as Ángel Kalenberg notes, with flamenco painting and surrealist play, the artist's career moves towards the evocative stage of its atmospheres . White, luminous and material canvases that will exhaust the search, closing their own circle and giving rise to a new starting point: the recovery of the object and the approach to nature.
Appear in this perspective are the exuberant sunflowers, treated with audacity and sensuality, and, in more recent years, his peculiar reinterpretation of still life and still lifes, based on the colorful plates of fresh fruit that the black vendors of San Basilio de Palenque offer. to tourists on the beaches of Cartagena. Her delightful pictorial incursion into the interesting culture of this population is also recorded, whose characters and customs take over the canvases of Ana Mercedes Hoyos in a siege that she assumes both intellectually and emotionally. As this retrospective vision will show, the painting of Ana Mercedes Hoyos reflects at each stage, the passion for the craft and the reflection on her moment and her society.
The book has independent versions in Spanish and English.
- 3 kg
- 400 pages
- 10" x 12"
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Texts: Ángel Kalenberg
- Photography: Oscar Monsalve