Unaware of artistic “fashions”, Beatriz González is part of that line of independent creators guided only by their intuition and their ethical and aesthetic convictions. And although she likes to define herself as a “provincial painter,” she could well represent not only good Colombian art from the second half of the 20th century but the history of the country itself during that period. Interested in popular taste and art, she has worked on reinterpretations of it and explored its cultural impact. By sometimes abandoning canvas and paper to take on furniture or another object as a vehicle of expression, she has become a spokesperson for cultural forms silenced by modernization and the imposition of other cultural processes, as shown in this book with almost 200 images of her construction site.
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas Jiménez, Juan David Giraldo
- Prologue: Benjamín Villegas Jiménez
- Texts: Holland Cotter, Carmen María Jaramillo, María Margarita Malagón
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum
- Photography: Óscar Monsalve, Guillermo Angulo, Consuelo B., Hans Brückner, Gloria Calderón, Julio César Florez, Fernell Franco, Flor Garduño, Ramón Giovanni, Olga Lucía Jordán, Camila Loboguerrero, Guillermo Melo, Saúl Meza, Ernesto Monsalve, Jorge Montoya, Mario Rivera, Juan Camilo Segura, Gilma Suárez, Personal archive of the artist, Archivo Villegas Editores
- Art Department: Andrea Vélez, David Rendón
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Seguros Bolívar SA