Also available in Spanish with the title:
Without a doubt the most outstanding feature of the privileged Colombian nature is its biodiversity. And within that biodiversity, birds occupy first place. Furthermore, in this field the country could become the richest in the world, with a number of species close to 2,000.
One reason for this is that it is a tropical country, and in the tropics the climatic variety favors the development of numerous habitats, where the species that adapt to them settle. The almost unlimited topography of the country, combined with an enviable supply of rivers, becomes another stimulus to this diversity which, in Colombia, is accompanied by a generalized beauty of its specimens, both in plumage and color, as well as in size, trill and other features. However, this wealth has been hit hard and its future seriously threatened. For this reason, it is urgent to make the protection of this fauna a national priority. In a world increasingly committed to the defense of its resources, Colombia cannot be the exception.
Sponsored by the Gran Colombia Gold company, profusely illustrated in color and presented in a slipcase, this impressive 550-page work is the result of the fortunate efforts of its authors and the favorable circumstances that arose for its production. Without a doubt, it is a unique sample of the country's winged fauna, a book that was needed.
- 2.5 kg
- 552 pages
- 17.7 x 23.9 cm
Honorable Mention - Latino Book Awards 2012 - BookExpo America, USA — Best Cover Design
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Photography: Murray Cooper
- Foreword: Robert S. Ridgely, PhD
- Texts: Benjamin Freeman, Carlos Daniel Cadena, Diego Calderón, Murray Cooper, Benjamin Freeman, Steven H. Hilty, F. Gary Styles
- Art Department: Andrea Vélez, Alexandra Maduell, Vanessa Valero
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Gran Colombia Gold