Also available in French Botero dessins
Fernando Botero, the renowned Colombian painter and sculptor, is also a brilliant draftsman who every day finds, as he declares, more interest and greater joy in the work of pencil on paper. Botero's drawings, which until now have been like the most secret part of his work, are not simply reduced to being notes or sketches for later works but rather contain an end in themselves. Botero has worked on them with growing interest because drawing is not a minor art, on the contrary, it is a risky, concise and demanding artistic language.This book, which rescues a good part of that production, constitutes a splendid gallery of portraits, in which the management of line and the play of proportions is a lesson in virtuosity. The essay by Marc Fumaroli, from the Academie FranÇ aise, is a lucid theoretical contribution to the work of Botero as a draftsman, in addition to placing the artist in the new perspectives opened by the multiple evaluations of his drawings.
- 2.5 kg
- 240 pages
- 25.5 x 31cm
Awarded by Latino literary Hall of fame awards at Expo-América 2000, Los Angeles. — Best art book
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Texts: Marc Fumarolli
- Photography: Various European photographers