Also available in English with the title: Cuisine and Diplomacy, The gastronomy of the Colombian Embassy in Washington DC
As beautiful as it is interesting and as useful as it is easy to follow. Maybe that's how this cookbook can be described.
Its author, Mariana Espinosa de Silva—wife of the former Colombian ambassador to the White House, Gabriel Silva Luján—shares here many of the preparations served to guests at the diplomatic headquarters in the two years she lived in Washington, during which They carried out many of the successful efforts that led to the approval of the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries.
With imagination and taste, this work combines delights of Creole and international gastronomy in a refined synthesis of flavors and presentations. Such is his magnificent achievement.
But it's not just the creative recipes that make this book a delicious and interesting addition to the library. The presentation, by Ambassador Silva himself, as well as all the author's texts throughout the 18 sections, reveal many of the pleasant stories and anecdotes of the Embassy, while giving us a peek into diplomatic circles and life. culture of the great capital.
For its part, the visual display of the book, by Greg Powers, one of the most successful photographers in the culinary world today, is extraordinary. Its images reveal the essence of the dish and discover the details of its presentation. Led by the author, Powers shows the most exquisite corners of one of the most elegant and attractive residences in the country's diplomatic infrastructure.
A creative combination of culinary schools and flavors, captured by an inspired lens and seasoned with interesting details, makes Cooking and Diplomacy a mandatory gastronomy book for lovers of the subject and definitive for those who want to understand how the daily life of Colombian diplomacy works. in Washington.
- 1.5 kg
- 208 pages
- 22.9 x 30.5cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Mariana Espinosa de Silva
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Photography: Greg Powers