Also available in Spanish with the title: Holy Week in Popayán
There are not many rites in Colombia that have the capacity to call for the Holy Week processions of Popayán. Nor are there many myths left that have been so widely shared throughout 450 years of history. However, the book that would fairly document them was missing. This book, with photographs by Sylvia Patiño and Patrick Rouillard and texts by the writers Gustavo Wilches and Carlos Zambrano, fulfills this purpose and becomes a privileged balcony to observe not only the fascinating contemporary version of this Holy Week but to learn about the historical recreation of its beginning, the account of its extension through centuries, the explanation of its cultural and spiritual meanings, and the preparation that is carried out throughout the year with a view to its realization. The genesis and meaning of the Religious Music Festival is also recounted here, which, since 1964, has been an integral part of the celebration of Holy Week, counting prominent international music artists among its participants each year.
- 1.5 kg
- 160 pages
- 22.9 x 30.5cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas Jiménez
- Prologue: César Negret Mosquera
- Texts: Gustavo Wilches-Chaux and Carlos Zambrano
- Style Review: Stella by Feferbaum
- Photography: Silvia Patiño, Patrick Rouillard, Diego Tobar, Jeremy Horner, Edgar Caldas, Diego Miguel Garcés, Aldo Brando, Guillermo Silva, José Fernando Machado, Juan Carlos León, Benjamín Aranda Flor, Rogelio Burbano, Foto Ortíz
- Art Department: Mercedes Cedeño
- Printing: Printer Colombiana, SA
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Government of Cauca Lotería del Cauca