At the beginning of the seventies of the last century, the well-known art critic Marta Traba affirmed that the Colombian Edgar Negret was not only the best sculptor in Colombia and Latin America but one of the greats in the world. I was right. The momentum that the artist's career has gained since then does not seem to be extinguished. Proof of this are his daring and incessant forays into shapes and materials, techniques and color; its fascinating turns; its fruitful encounters and reunions with the cultural legacies of the pre-Hispanic past and the evocative results that derived from them. In other words, its marvelous creative evolution. This book, which displays in full color and in a surprising thematic grouping a very wide selection of the artist's life journey, allows you to verify the strength of his creations and the seductive reasons hidden behind the impeccable technique and scrupulous handling of the elements that the artist submit to your lucky intuition.
- 3 kg
- 344 pages
- 25.4 x 30.5 cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Texts: Carlos Jiménez
- Collaborator: Juan David Giraldo
- Photography: Óscar Monsalve, Olga Lucía Jordán, Nelson Garrido, Gilma Suárez, Antonio Castañeda, Felipe Ferré, Carlos A. Pérez
- Art Department: Enrique Coronado
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Banco Davivienda