A beautiful and reliable testimony of the stone work of the Colombian sculptor Hugo Zapata (La Tebaida, 1945), who obsessively and playfully has appropriated this material with the certainty that it represents the eternity of cosmic matter and constitutes a repository of signs. and messages that he, as an artist, has the mission of deciphering and enhancing.
Consistent with this rapture, Zapata travels to remote parts of the national geography in search of stones that he collects and works in his workshop, in the midst of a deep respect for their character and original textures. Zapata is interested in stone because of what the stone is in itself, because of what it spontaneously offers and gives it its own essence. Perhaps that is why in his works one perceives echoes of distant and remote voices that are part of the charm that they arouse in us.
First place - - Latino Book Awards 2010 - BookExpo America, USA — Best art book in Spanish or bilingual
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Collaborators: Juan David Giraldo, Juliana Olivares Gaviria
- Texts: Juan Luis Mejía
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum
- Photography: Carlos Tobón, Óscar Monsalve, Carlos Beltrán
- Art Department: Enrique Coronado
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Banco Davivienda