Official headquarters of the Government of Panama, the Palacio de las Garzas is an architectural monument that, in its own right, has become a symbol of Panamanian nationality. This is a beautiful and curious book that, in addition to narrating the history of the building from the moment the pirate Morgan's brutal attack on Panama in the 17th century made it necessary to completely reconstruct the city, also takes a detailed photographic tour of the interior of the building and the splendid works of art found there. Starting from the entrance, adorned by the famous herons that give it its name, the tour takes us through corridors, corners, balustrades and the extraordinary gallery of the country's leaders, which like a border extends through several of its rooms, to the famous Yellow Room, Los Tamarindos Room, "official dining room", with its valuable frescoes, paintings and coffered ceiling, and Morisco Room, a rare example of Mudejar architecture on our continent.
- 1.5 kg
- 144 pages
- 22.9 x 28cm
Special mention for winning quality in the category of rustic-bound or hardcover books, plus two inks, awarded by ANDIGRAF, 1998-1999. — The best of the year
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Collaborators: Dora Boyd de Pérez Balladares, Jorge Conte-Porras, Stella de Feferbaum, Antonio Castañeda Buraglia, Ricardo López Arias, Enoch Castillero, Vicente Pascual, Ramón Oviedo, Mercedes Cedeño,
This book has been created, designed and developed in Colombia with the institutional support of: Presidency of the Republic of Panama