Arriving at the headquarters of the Suramericana de Seguros Company in Medellín, in the middle of its splendid collection of sculptures, is to come into contact with art and culture. There, the Suramericana complex, accompanied by the buildings of the Museum of Modern Art, the National University and the Piloto Public Library, has consolidated one of the great cultural poles of the city. Once inside, it is evident that the Art Room – conclusive evidence of Suramericana's relationship with culture – competes in importance with the company's offices, where many paintings from the superb Suaramericana Collection that this book presents also hang.
Throughout its existence, art and culture are terms that have marked the north of Suramericana's interaction with the country and the community. Books, research, exhibitions, traveling exhibitions, concerts, conferences, support for the young values of national art, are links of a solid cultural project with a marked vocation for ethical and civil leadership.
In the first part of this book, with which Suramericana commemorates 60 years of life, Carlos Arturo Fernández describes in an excellent and detailed essay the cultural development of Medellín since the 19th century, linking Suramericana's contribution to it, starting from its foundation. in 1944.
In the second part, a selection of more than 200 works illustrates the spirit with which the Suramericana Collection has been formed: from colonial masters to avant-garde trends, from established artists to promising young artists, from national authors to foreign creators.
Reviewing this collection is proudly confirming that the commitment assumed by Suramericana to put the public in contact with art has been fulfilled.
Suramericana reaffirms its great commitment to Colombia and to art.
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.