Ruby Rumié's work includes painting, sculpture, photography, videos and installations inspired by her hometown, Cartagena with a clear focus on social and territorial heritage. It is a book that pays homage to the women who, day after day, with their proclamations and products, have traveled on foot—for more than 40 years—through the walled city, distributing themselves along routes throughout the urban perimeter.
The book begins with individual portraits of each of the 50 women, “to see them as independent people.” The second chapter includes a foot-washing ceremony that his granddaughters perform for those ladies over 70 years old. The third highlights the amulets that protect the saleswomen on their journeys. The author says: “every woman has these objects of protection that come from our culture.” The fourth is about the tours they took to sell their products. Weaving streets has won several awards, the latest being Gold in book design at the Indigo Design Award 2020. It can be found in Spanish and English, and has an introduction by Claudia Mosquera, a researcher on racial issues at the National University of Colombia. Germán Ferro and Kathleen Sutcliffe.
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.