It is not difficult to discover that the nine biographical elaborations included in this book, as part of a dramatic historical link, were born from the inevitable passion that its protagonists must have awakened in the author. Hence, the sensation that reading the texts conveys to us is more that of a falling in love, which led to the anxious search for more information, than that of a deliberate academic exercise. The result? An exquisite entertainment about the life and destiny of the chosen women, the events and characters that surrounded them, and the marks they left in history. Between Messalina - the Roman and august prostitute, born sometime in the 1st century -, the beautiful Otero - who enters the scene at the end of the 19th century, with her entourage of lovers, suitors and suicides -, or the sweet Claretta - who must going through one of “the most terrible storms in history”—the range of relationships described is closely related to power and money, in a world essentially managed by men. The ladies, almost all of them, in these excellent stories soon learn to make room for themselves in this world, and equally to subvert it, with the weapons of their charm but, in most cases, also at the price of their lives.
- 496 pages
- 16.5 x 23 cm
Honorable Mention - - Latino Book Awards 2009 - BookExpo America, USA — Best book of biographies in Spanish or bilingual
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Author: Carlos Lleras Restrepo