Since his early childhood, Carlos Jacanamijoy (1964) already experienced an obsessive need to draw. Without a doubt it was already about that passion that would mark his life from now on. Of that unavoidable vocation that in 1982 led him to study art at the National University, an unexpected decision, being a young Inga, son of a respected shaman of his community, raised in the family environment of his native land of the Sibundoy valley, idyllic. landscape of the Colombian Putumayo.
Until that moment, Carlos Jacanamijoy had lived among his people, in contact with a splendid nature that consolidated the myths and legends that he frequently heard. Also in contact with the sacred rite of yajé, one of the fundamental pillars of the Inga culture, as he himself states, a ceremony associated with the physical and spiritual cleansing of those who practice it.
All these experiences from his childhood, added to the personal vision that he forms of nature, are what the artist later reworks into atmospheres, colors and movements that he captures on canvases where, more than the figurative, the sensorial, the evocative takes precedence. and the suggestive. Without a doubt, the captivating originality of Carlos Jacanamijoy, his dreamlike vision of the world, is linked to the endearing decision not to stray from his roots or his history.
As Álvaro Medina, author of the essay that accompanies this special selection of the artist's work, which is sponsored by Seguros Bolívar, notes, it is a painting impregnated with an autobiographical flavor, where each element of its rich plastic elaboration can be associated with people. and events in the life of this Colombian artist, whose talent is today recognized throughout the world.
- 1.5 Kgs
- 228 pages
- 28 x 28 cm
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Texts: Álvaro Medina
- Art Department: Enrique Coronado, Joselyn Gomez
- Style Review: Stella Feferbaum