Six voices that individually or collectively redefine a Guatemalan architecture of poetic spatial quality, with minimal components and a strong commitment to the abstract and the geometric. Without falling into a reductive posture, these architects aspire to primary purity, emphasizing that form and space precede function, without superficial ornamentation, without rigid axes and without classical impositions. With a welcoming minimalism and passionate about light and nature, their work establishes and encourages a fruitful dialogue between architecture and nature. It is also an architecture that respects the context and value of the place as a repository of cultural traces that complement the built space, an area in which they have managed to express themselves conceptually, either by searching for Mayan roots, or simply through symbolic volumes. In both cases, a sublime architecture is achieved that provokes silent reflection. The extraordinary images in this book, a must-see for architects and urban designers, range from structures such as banks and financial institutions, to homes and urban and regional projects.
This book has independent versions in Spanish and English.
- 276 pages
INFORMACIÓN DE ENVÍO
- In Bogotá: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- Nationwide: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
- International Shipping: Shipping costs are proportional to weight and destination. These are calculated during the purchasing process.
Shipping and delivery times:
- Shipments within the national territory
- Shipments to Bogotá are made between 1 and 3 business days.
- Nationwide shipments are made through the courier company Servientrega and their arrival may take 5 to 6 business days.
- Editor: Benjamín Villegas
- Texts: Ange Bourda